Recipe by 50debbie
The freshest most natural, most delicious Sugar free bbq sauce and ketchup I've ever eaten. I am losing weight by cutting out all sugar,fat, bread,dairy, and salt. So I came up with this for flavor. And Wow!!!!!You won't believe it. Fantastic for those limiting sugar and salt intake.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made the sauce as given, & used it first on a couple of chicken breasts, & also tried a bit of it as a dip, & was surprised that it was so good both ways! I think it'd be great for dipping chicken nuggets! Definitely something to make again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion (dried)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Sweet'N Low brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- For BBQ sauce mix all ingredients in the blender, blending until you can no longer see flakes of the onion and put it in a squeeze bottle in the refrigerator.
- For ketchup, leave out mustard, liquid smoke, Worchestershire,red pepper flakes, and BBQ sauce.