Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Sugar Free BBQ Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste, divided
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 3⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, hickory flavored
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (more for spicier sauce)
- Place oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and garlic. Saute over medium heat until translucent (approx 2-3 min.).
- Mix the bouillon and water until partially dissolved. Add bouillon mixture and all remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Stir well using a wire whisk.
- Simmer, uncovered, 25-30 minute to allow flavors to meld. Stir frequently.
- Refrigerate overnight in a non-metallic container. Sauce is best if prepared a day before using. Keeps well, refrigerated, for 1 week.