Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Sugar Free BBQ Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste, divided
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 3⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, hickory flavored
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (more for spicier sauce)
- Place oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and garlic. Saute over medium heat until translucent (approx 2-3 min.).
- Mix the bouillon and water until partially dissolved. Add bouillon mixture and all remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Stir well using a wire whisk.
- Simmer, uncovered, 25-30 minute to allow flavors to meld. Stir frequently.
- Refrigerate overnight in a non-metallic container. Sauce is best if prepared a day before using. Keeps well, refrigerated, for 1 week.
This was AWESOME. I add half splenda brown sugar and half regular splenda. I use this for my pulled chicken recipe. It is wonderful. I have made this twice already. It is very easy, makes alot and is as tasty as any bbq sauce I have ever had. Mmmmm.
This was FABULOUS. For a recent family gathering, I roasted 3 pork shoulders (#26257) and needed a sugar-free sauce for the diabetics. The diabetics and the foodies all agreed that this was a huge hit, and is a definite "do-again."
This is really a fantastic sauce. I've made it a few times and even non-dieters love it. It turns out very thick, so I do water it down a bit depending upon how runny I want it to be.