Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe for a banana cream pie with the least amount of sugar in it that I could possibly think of without taking away the taste. It's quick and easy, and can even be made with kids. Just for reference the brand name of the listed ingredients do not have to be the same brand. Please use whatever brand you would prefer to use.
- 2 (1/8 ounce) boxesjell-o sugar-free instant banana cream pudding mix (or you may use one big box of this pudding mix, the choice is yours)
- 2 3⁄4 cups skim milk
- vanilla extract (imitation or pure)
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crusts
- 3 bananas, sliced
- cinnamon (for dusting)
- sugar-free Cool Whip
- Beat both boxes of pudding mix into 2 3/4 cups milk, adding any amount of vanilla extract you want, in a large bowl with a wire whisk for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Using a large spoon spread a little bit of the pudding mixture on the bottom of the pie crust for the first layer of pudding, followed by adding a layer of sliced bananas on top of the pudding layer. Continue doing this until you run out of pudding mix and banana slices. You may use more or less bananas according to your preference.
- Using a small icing spatula or a spoon apply some whip cream to the top of the pie, covering it all the way around.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder into the palm of your hand and then gently dust the cinnamon powder lightly over the top of the pie by gently using your hand/fingers.
- You may serve the pie now or place it in the refrigerator for an hour to chill (my recommendation). Leftovers should be placed back into the refrigerator to keep cool.
This recipe was easy and fun. I added more bananas to my taste. Even though you knew you were eating a dessert, it wasn't too sweet.
This was very good! Tasted just like banana pudding to us. I think I added a little too much milk by accident because it really didn't firm up BUT it still was great and I'll make it again. Thanks.
This is absolutely delicious. My hubby is a diabetic and he could not tell it was sugar free. It is DEELISH! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I will be using it at Thanksgiving since several members of my family are diabetics.