Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
On Facebook one day, this recipe came up on my feed. The original recipe called for honey and applesauce but I wanted to create a banana bread with no "added" sugar so I did some research and came up with this version. I also altered the flour from Whole Wheat Flour to an equal split of multigrain and all purpose.
- 1 cup multi-grain bread flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 mashed overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, beaten eggs and mashed bananas until we'll blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture. Stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack.