Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
My 11 month old had a little taste test of banana bread and he loved it so I searched for a sugar free banana bread recipe. He loves this bread and so does the rest of the family!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 medium bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir to blend.
- Place bananas in blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the bananas and rest of ingredients to flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Excellent - I added about a half teaspoon of white stevia powder as my orange juice was fresh squeezed and not very sweet. I also used dried cranberries. Excellent bread - moist and delicious. DH loved it too and he typically hates "sugar free" or "light" recipes. This is a keeper for sure!
I made a few changes for my 9-month-old â€” I used an egg white; I left out raisins & nuts; I added about 1/4 cup shredded carrot; I used 1/3 cup applesauce and just 1/8 cup vegetable oil. I also just mashed the banana with a fork instead of pureeing. The bread is dense and not very sweet, but it's moist and â€” most importantly â€” my baby likes it. She's learning to self-feed, so she's been picking up chunks of it. (Messy!) Thanks!
This banana bread baked up perfectly! My bake time was exactly 40 minutes and I used my Pampered Chef Loaf Pan, which was the perfect size. I made this recipe for the Zaar Healthy ABC 2008 Game and gave it to my daughter to bring to her boss at work. She loves banana bread! Thanks for an excellent, healthy banana bread! Oh yeah, I couldn't find unsweetened orange juice at my grocery store so I bought a lower sugar Tropicana Pure Premium (it actually had the Weight Watchers symbol on it indicating that it was only 1 point for 8 ounces so that was the next closest thing). Thanks again. I posted a couple pictures for you too.