Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
My 11 month old had a little taste test of banana bread and he loved it so I searched for a sugar free banana bread recipe. He loves this bread and so does the rest of the family!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 medium bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir to blend.
- Place bananas in blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the bananas and rest of ingredients to flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Excellent - I added about a half teaspoon of white stevia powder as my orange juice was fresh squeezed and not very sweet. I also used dried cranberries. Excellent bread - moist and delicious. DH loved it too and he typically hates "sugar free" or "light" recipes. This is a keeper for sure!
I made a few changes for my 9-month-old â€” I used an egg white; I left out raisins & nuts; I added about 1/4 cup shredded carrot; I used 1/3 cup applesauce and just 1/8 cup vegetable oil. I also just mashed the banana with a fork instead of pureeing. The bread is dense and not very sweet, but it's moist and â€” most importantly â€” my baby likes it. She's learning to self-feed, so she's been picking up chunks of it. (Messy!) Thanks!
I love this recipe! I replaced the walnuts and raisons with blueberries and dark chocolate chunks! I also used rye flour instead of wholemeal. It was really nice but it wasn't as banana-ry or moist as I'd liked it to be. This might be due to the flour I used. I will probably make this agin but maybe add another banana.