Recipe by GoldsmithLissa
Sugar Free Baked Ricotta Custard (South Beach Diet friendly)
Top Review by SuzTheQ
I am always looking for new tasty diabetic desserts, and this one did not disappoint. I made a cherry sauce to go on top of the custard, and will definitely make this again, experimenting with different fruit toppings. Thanks for a keeper recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix ricotta and cream cheese until creamy.
- Add sugar substitute, eggs, half-and-half, and vanilla.
- Beat until well blended.
- Transfer into ramekins.
- Place into larger baking dish and add hot water to depth of 1 inch.
- Bake until set (approx 45 mins).
- Remove and cool.
- Serve chiled or at room temperature.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.