Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicious with cream cheese. I found this recipe in Know Your Apples M.A.C.S Alumni Scholarship Fund cookbook. This recipe was posted by Eleanor Rose Morton. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Beat together egg, oil, and applesauce. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices; beat well. Stir in raisins.
- Spoon batter into oiled and floured muffin tins. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch and browned. Cool on wire rack.
I made this recipe with a few modifications-while putting the dry ingredient in, I realized there was no sugar (aside from the applesauce). I used 1/4 c. white sugar and 1/4 cup splenda. Instead of raisins, I used 1/2c. walnuts and 1/2 c. dark chocolate, and also whole wheat flour. SO good!