Recipe by internetnut
These are delicious with cream cheese. I found this recipe in Know Your Apples M.A.C.S Alumni Scholarship Fund cookbook. This recipe was posted by Eleanor Rose Morton. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
Top Review by bundt78
I used 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat and1/2 cup all-purpose flour and used sweetened apple sauce. With these substitutions they are pleasantly dense, and lightly sweet. They would be a good option for toddlers. A bit of salt would improve the flavor.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together egg, oil, and applesauce. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices; beat well. Stir in raisins.
- Spoon batter into oiled and floured muffin tins. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch and browned. Cool on wire rack.