Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by A Better Jennifer.
Top Review by AltaJoy
This recipe is pretty good for a sugar-free cake. I made it for my son's second birthday. The guests were very impressed when I told them it was sugar-free. I did use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose, so it had more of a muffin texture than cake. But it was good. If you do use the all-purpose flour like the recipe says, it probably is very nice and fluffy.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground almonds
- 2 mcintosh apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple butter
- 2 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour one 9 inch square baking pan.
- Beat the eggs until they drop like ribbons from the beaters. Continue beating and add the oil in a thin stream. Beat in the 1 cup applesauce and the 1 cup unsweetened apple juice concentrate. Beat in the flour gradually until well blended. Add the baking soda, ground ginger, ground almonds and apples, mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 40 minutes or until the cake tests done. Let cake cool on a rack for 15 minutes before turning out of pan. Cool completely before frosting. Carefully slice the cake in half horizontally with a long serrated knife. Fill and frost with Apple Butter Frosting.
- Apple Butter Frosting: Beat the cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Gradually beat in the apple butter and remaining 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate.