Found on ninemsn website. This apple sauce is sweetened with apple juice concentrate instead of sugar. No need to peel or core the apples, you use the whole lot in this recipe. The pectin in the skin will thicken the cold apple sauce. (Prep time is time needed after cooking).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop apples coarsely, but DO NOT peel or core.
- 2Add apples, apple juice and lemon juice to heavy based saucepan.
- 3Simmer for 15-20 minutes, covered, or until apples collapse.
- 4Stir through concentrate.
- 5Place a coarse sieve over a large bowl and using a large wooden spoon, press cooked apples through the sieve. (This separates the skin and seeds from the puree.) This is probably the hardest part of the recipe. I had to have a few rests doing while doing this! It would be good to have others around to help out with this bit. lol.
- 6Discard leftovers in the sieve.
- 7The apple sauce is now ready to serve, either hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Free Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g