Recipe by Donna65
This is a really good substitute for the high calorie pie when you just have to have an apple pie.
- 170.09 g can unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 566.99 g canunsweetened pie sliced apples
- 44.37 ml flour, plus 2 cups
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- Sweet 'n Low, 3 grams (packages)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 158.51 ml vegetable shortening
- 78.07 ml cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 cups flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening until it is pea sized.
- Stir in cold water.
- Seperate into 2 pieces.
- Roll to fit a 9 inch pie pan and line pan
- In a seperate bowl mix 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, sweetner and apple juice concentrate.
- Add apples and stir gently.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Dot with butter.
- Roll second piece of pie dough to fix pie and cover pie filling.
- Cut excess dough from edges and crimp.
- Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 4oo degrees until brown.