Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
My son has ADHD and we cut most sugar out of his diet so this is his favorite desert. Hope you like it.
- 6 -8 cups apples (I use a mix of mac and granny smith)
- 1 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- cinnamon (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 premade pie crusts (or your own crust recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- peel,core and slice apples(use as many as you like depending on dish size and how high you want your pie).
- add splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg to apples and mix well.
- Place bottom crust in pan and fill with apples. Put on top crust.
- Bake about 45 min or until crust is golden brown.(my oven tends to be off on time so make sure to watch your pie.).
Hello Kai's Mom - Thanks for your recipe info!<br/><br/>From what the info shows, I'm quite surprised at the calorie count and fat % ratio on this pie recipe.<br/>You probably know that the very high carb level is also an 'issue' for so-called ADHD types.<br/><br/>I think the Calorie count has to re-checked here, as I certainly don't see 6 cups of apples equaling almost 1700 calories!! Unless they are Pineapple-sized apples lol :)<br/><br/>Also - please look into the carb/sugar levels of your son (not only the sugar levels), in case you're not aware of the same effects of refined sugars.<br/><br/>:)