Recipe by kai'smom04
My son has ADHD and we cut most sugar out of his diet so this is his favorite desert. Hope you like it.
Top Review by Rrrr G.
Hello Kai's Mom - Thanks for your recipe info!<br/><br/>From what the info shows, I'm quite surprised at the calorie count and fat % ratio on this pie recipe.<br/>You probably know that the very high carb level is also an 'issue' for so-called ADHD types.<br/><br/>I think the Calorie count has to re-checked here, as I certainly don't see 6 cups of apples equaling almost 1700 calories!! Unless they are Pineapple-sized apples lol :)<br/><br/>Also - please look into the carb/sugar levels of your son (not only the sugar levels), in case you're not aware of the same effects of refined sugars.<br/><br/>:)
- 6 -8 cups apples (I use a mix of mac and granny smith)
- 1 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- cinnamon (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 premade pie crusts (or your own crust recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- peel,core and slice apples(use as many as you like depending on dish size and how high you want your pie).
- add splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg to apples and mix well.
- Place bottom crust in pan and fill with apples. Put on top crust.
- Bake about 45 min or until crust is golden brown.(my oven tends to be off on time so make sure to watch your pie.).