Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Group Recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 9 apples, peeled cored and sliced horizontally, about 1/4 inch thick
sugar free powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (optional)
- Heat oil to 375 degrees f.
- combine in a bowl the beaten egg, milk, spelenda, nutmug, all spice, cinnamon, and sour cream. mix well and add flour.
- dip apples in batter and carefully place in oil. cook for 1 to 2 minutes. turn and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. remove fritters and drain. maybe sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired. serve warm but i prefer cold with sugar free ice cream.
- sugar free powdered sugar.
- ¾ cup of splenda.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional).
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg (optional).
- 1 teaspoon all spice (optional).
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- place ingredients in a blender jar. cover and blend until splensa sweetener is a very fine powder. and that is your powdered sugar. it is so good.