Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
a yummy apple cobbler, lower calorie than tradition cobbler (not to mention pie!). and sugar free for diabetics to relish!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk or 1 cup low-fat soymilk (has a slight taste though)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups golden delicious apples or 4 cups gala apples, cored and sliced thinly (or other fave variety)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon 40% fat margarine (stick)
- cinnamon (about 3/4 TSP)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Melt the margarine in 9 x 13 inch pan, only enough to cover the bottom, let cool Stir together flour, splenda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla (the batter may be thick, don't add more milk or water!) Pour the batter into the pan over the margarine (don't stir).
- sprinkle with half of the cinnamon.
- place the apples ontop of the batter.
- sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- (don't mix) Bake in the oven for 30-50 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Enjoy with some fat free vanilla ice cream!
fabulous recipe!!!!! Reminds me of my Grandma Lottie's appfulkuchen. I grew up eating this and was absolutely thrilled to find a sugar free recipe, since I never got the recipe from Grandma. Thank you so much Wishing Barbie!!!!!
This didnt turn out like I thought it would. It was good, but I was expecting the texture of it to be like a cobbler and it was more like a cake. The apples stayed on top of it. It was good.
I didn't have the problem of the batter drying out - mine was nice and fluffy. This turned out fine (I cut the recipe in half), but I couldn't get past the strong baking powder aftertaste in every bite. I generously sprinkled lemon juice over every piece - that seemed to help some.