Wishing Barbie's Note:
a yummy apple cobbler, lower calorie than tradition cobbler (not to mention pie!). and sugar free for diabetics to relish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk or 1 cup low-fat soymilk (has a slight taste though)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups golden delicious apples or 4 cups gala apples, cored and sliced thinly (or other fave variety)
- 1/2 tablespoon 40% fat margarine (stick)
- cinnamon (about 3/4 TSP)
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Melt the margarine in 9 x 13 inch pan, only enough to cover the bottom, let cool Stir together flour, splenda, baking powder, and salt.
- 3Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla (the batter may be thick, don't add more milk or water!) Pour the batter into the pan over the margarine (don't stir).
- 4sprinkle with half of the cinnamon.
- 5place the apples ontop of the batter.
- 6sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- 7(don't mix) Bake in the oven for 30-50 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- 8Enjoy with some fat free vanilla ice cream!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar free apple cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 157.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g