Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
Low calorie, quick and quite satisfying.
- 1⁄4 cup oats, uncooked
- 2 drops flavoring, your choice of flavor
- Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran (optional)
- Place uncooked oats in a microwave-safe conatainer.
- Add water as to desired consistency, but I recommend at least 1/4 cup for every 1/4 cup uncooked oats (1 part water to 1 part uncooked oats).
- Microwave high 1 minute, stir, microwave again if needed.
- Add Splenda to taste.
- Stir in a drop or 2 flavor.
- Stir in wheat bran for added fiber. I think it makes the oats more filling but too much of the wheat bran gives it a slight bitter taste.
- Note: for flavorings, I suggest vanilla, maple or walnut. Or you can try combining them.
A lovely breakfast for a cool fall day, thanks to seeing FT's photos and review, it was delicious made without the sugar but with blueberries, 2% milk and vanilla. Thanks for a nice warming breakfast! I will make again often.
A lovely recipe with options for personal taste! I used cinnamon and vanilla as my flavourings, and I DID cheat, and added a LITTLE Demerara sugar too! However, I did use skimmed (fat-free) milk! I always make my porridge in the microwave and this was a great breakfast for a chilly Autumn morning. Made for PAC 2009 Autumn, THANKS Fiona! (BTW - my sister is called Fiona too! And she was born in Hong Kong........) FT:-)