Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this one from the Joy of Cooking it's easy and fast and good
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine and mix to blend in a large bowl
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F; lightly grease or line two cookie sheets.
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, and eggs, one at a time beating after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and beat well.
- Shape the dough into 1/2 inch balls dip the balls in sugar and place about 1 inch apart on the cookie sheets, or flatten the balls, above then Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 1 sheet at a time about 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown let stand briefly then remove to rack to cool.
I love these and make them all the time for any event! Although I prefer nutmeg I have found that many people prefer the cinnamon in them.
I have made these for over twenty years. Great recipe!