Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family really enjoyed this donuts. I got the recipe from Family Circle.
Make and share this Sugar Doughnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted flour, plus more
- sifted flour, for rolling
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar, blended with
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat yolks on medium speed. Gradually add sugar, beating until pale and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Mix in butter. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, stirring with wooden spoon until combined.
- On well-floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll dough into 1/2 inch thickness. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil to 365º (a cube of bread will be browned and crisp after 1 minute) in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cut into doughnuts with 2 3/4-inch round cutter along with a 3/4-inch round cutter for the centers. Gather scraps and re-roll if needed.
- Coating – place cinnamon-sugar in a small bowl.
- Carefully slip the doughnuts and the doughnut holes, 3 or 4 at a time into the hot oil. Fry until golden about 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels, then transfer while still warm to the cinnamon sugar mix, coat all over. Serve warm.