Recipe by Sassy in da South
This is a favourite with the grandkiddies and me too! For a change in pace, add cinnamon to the butter/sugar mix for rolling. Also, thinking you could add a dollop of your favourite jam before completely filling the cup (havent tried that yet).
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide batter evenly into 10 muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, melt butter and pour remaining sugar into a small bowl.
- When muffins are done, lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter, remove from the pan and roll in sugar. Cool on a wire rack.