1/3 Photos of Sugar Donut Muffins
Sassy in da South's Note:
This is a favourite with the grandkiddies and me too! For a change in pace, add cinnamon to the butter/sugar mix for rolling. Also, thinking you could add a dollop of your favourite jam before completely filling the cup (havent tried that yet).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- 4Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine.
- 5Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- 6Divide batter evenly into 10 muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- 7Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 8While muffins are baking, melt butter and pour remaining sugar into a small bowl.
- 9When muffins are done, lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter, remove from the pan and roll in sugar. Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Donut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g