Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this recipe in a magazine called Home Cooking. Works very very well on a buffet. KID PLEASER TOO!!
- 3 (16 ounce) packages hot dogs, cut in thirds
- 1 lb bacon, each piece cut in half
- 1 (2 lb) bag brown sugar
- Wrap each piece of hot dog in a bacon strip.
- Place hot dogs in crockpot.
- Pour bag of brown sugar over the top.
- Cook on low until sugar melts and dogs are done to your likeing.
- Be careful stirring so as not to unwrap all the dogs!
- Careful not to burn.
- Serve hot.
I use Lil' Smokey Sausages for this recipe and bake for about an hour. I then keep them warm in the crockpot when serving a buffet-style meal. These are always the first to be eaten. (If you do bake them, line the baking sheet with foil first; saves a big cleanup later). Thanks for sharing!