- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Separate egg and set white aside.
- Add yolk and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Add flour, cinnamon, and salt and mix well.
- Press dough evenly into a greased 15 inch by 10 inch by 1 inch pan.
- Beat egg white until foamy and brush over dough.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 300 F for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch diamond shapes while still warm.