31 hrs 50 mins
31 hrs 30 mins
From one of national supermarkets as their Christmas special, so have included it in the Christmas catergory. This is a recipe you have to plan for as there is a 48 hour curing period (I have included this as part of the cooking time as there is no other cooking).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dill, salt and sugar and rub dill mixture all over slamon and then place 1 piece of salmon, skin side down on a large piece of plastic wrap and then top with remaining salmon skin side up and wrap tightly in plastic wrap to enclose.
- 2Place iun a shallow dish and top with a chopping board or large plate and press down with weights, such as cans and refrigerate for 1 day and then turn salmon over, replace the board and weights and refrigerate for another 1 day.
- 3Meanwhile to make Mela toast, preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan force.
- 4Thinly slice baquette and arrange on a baking tray, brush with oil and sprinkle over extra sea salt and bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden and then allow to cool and store in a airtight container until ready to serve.
- 5Drain salmon and rub off any excess salt and sugar and using a sharp knife, thinly slice salmon.
- 6Spread sour cram over Melba toasts, top with salmon and extra dill sprigs and serve with cornichons.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar-Cured Salmon With Melba Toast
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 3763.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: