Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Real Simple. You can use any berries for these...such as blueberry or blackberry! Or better yet, use a combination of berries.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat it with cooking spray, vegetable oil or butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the baking powder and salt. Add the butter and combine. In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and vanilla. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; the batter will be lumpy.
- Toss the berries with the remaining flour in a bowl. Gently fold the berry mixture into the batter. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Very easy to make and so good! Thanks!
These were some great muffins. Very simple to make but very tasty! I forgot to sprinkle sugar on a couple and they still were just fine. Thanks for posting Marz! Made for Photo Tag.
I like this recipe I used it as a base just tried it with a couple of substitutions and additions.
I took out half the flour, 1/4 cup of milk and i only used 1 cup of rasperries and added 1 jar of Beech Nut whole Oats and Raspberries jar of baby food just because i had lots of jars around and they came out wonderful.
I also used mini muffin pan because i meant to only make them for my nephew but they came out better than i hoped Thanks :)
easy simple recipe its great