Prep 2 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from a recipe by David Lebovitz. http://bit.ly/arDZxH
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- softened butter, for greasing the pan
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F Liberally grease a nonstick popover pan, or a muffin tin with 1/2-cup indentations, with softened butter. (You need 9 molds.).
- In a blender, combine 2 tbsp melted butter, eggs, milk, salt and sugar, and blend briefly. Add flour and blend until smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Divide batter amongst the 9 prepared molds, filling each 1/2 to 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven 35 minutes, until deep brown. As soon as they're cool enough to handle, remove popovers from molds and set on a cooling rack. Use a small knife or spatula if they're stubborn.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Brush popovers all over with melted butter then coat with cinnamon sugar. Return to the rack to cool completely.