Recipe by Olha
Apples are coated with egg and sprinkled with sugar mixture and center core is packed with sugar mixture and then baked in apple cider.
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 6 large cooking apples, cored and peeled
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- About 1 1/2 hours before serving: Preheat oven to 350°F In bowl, mix sugar, flour and cinnamon; with fork or pastry blender, cut in butter.
- In cup, beat egg slightly and brush on apples. Coat apples with sugar mixture; place in greased, shallow baking dish and fill centers with any remaining sugar mixture. Pour cider in bottom of dish. Bake 1 hour or until apples are just tender.
- To serve: Spoon sauce from baking dish over apples. Makes 6 servings.
- Good Housekeeping.