Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by jmb5399
I added 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to the dry ingredients, and substituted Greek yogurt for the sour cream. The large quantity of baking soda worried me, and the batter tasted sour. I was afraid the baking soda measurement may have been a misprint. However, I followed the recipe and the muffins turned out nicely, but not as moist as I expected. I might try a different recipe next time.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°; grease 18 regular muffin cups (will need two pans).
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, pumpkin, sour cream, milk, oil, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.