Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 28 mins
Make and share this Sugar Crunch Pumpkin Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°; grease 18 regular muffin cups (will need two pans).
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, pumpkin, sour cream, milk, oil, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
I added 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to the dry ingredients, and substituted Greek yogurt for the sour cream. The large quantity of baking soda worried me, and the batter tasted sour. I was afraid the baking soda measurement may have been a misprint. However, I followed the recipe and the muffins turned out nicely, but not as moist as I expected. I might try a different recipe next time.