Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very rich cake. It has been in my family for years. It is always requested at get-to-gethers!
- Mix cake mix, margarine, and 2 eggs together well.
- Press in bottom of greased 9X13 pan.
- Mix cream cheese, 2 eggs, and sugar together until smooth.
- Pour over bottom layer already in pan.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar and nuts on top if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutess.
Im from Indiana, home of sugar cream pie!...I made this with a little nutmeg, as that is in our sugar cream pies!...adds amazing flavor!
Great recipe! I added a warm blueberry topping and whipped cream... as if it wasn't already rich enough!
Outstanding! Cures a sweet tooth!!