Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Excellent sugar cookies from my sister-in-law, Lynne. Even my mother (her MIL!!) loved them. Hope you do too.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice or 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
glossy vanilla frosting
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- food coloring (optional)
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar until very smooth.
- Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, lemon juice or vanilla, baking soda and salt; beat until well mixed.
- Roll out in sections on a pastry cloth, and cut out with cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 7-10 minutes in a preheated oven (350F).
- For frosting: mix ingredients together until smooth.
- Frost cookies once cooled.