Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe here on RZ, I have done some converting in order to make a large batch. Also readjusted flour, sugar, powdered sugar, shortenings, and eggs in order to be able to drop. This recipe seems ok for my application.
- 1 gallon vegetable shortening
- 7 lbs softened butter
- 8 1⁄4 lbs sugar
- 4 1⁄4 lbs powdered sugar
- 28 eggs
- 7 teaspoons vanilla
- 20 1⁄2 lbs flour
- 7 teaspoons baking soda
- 7 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat oil and butter until blended.
- Add powdered sugar and sugar; beat well.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt together.
- Stir into sugar mixture.
- Mix well.
- Fold into pipping bag or into drop machine. I use a star tip, this shape seems attratcive for this particular cookie.
- Pipe onto pan with baking sheet or lightly greased pan. Slightly twisting star (1/4 clock wise).
- Generously sprinkle granular sugar over cookies, sift pan around so that all sugar on pan sticks to cookie.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Keeps well, is crumbly but will take its abuse without falling apart (packaging).