1/1 Photo of Sugar Cookies - No Break, Fail-Safe and Foolproof
Are you tired of sugar cookie dough that will not roll out properly? Dough's too sticky? That won't cut-out properly? Are you tired of sugar cookies that are too fragile to decorate? If so, then this is the recipe for you. I have the world's worst luck with sugar cookies. 3 years in a row I had great intentions of making cutout sugar cookies for my Christmas baskets. Inevitably, I failed. One year, the dough was way too sticky. Another, the cookies just feel apart. Then I found this recipe. These cookies roll out and cut beautifully, they bake evenly, and they are sturdy enough to frost and decorate yet still taste heavenly. Even my 3yo could not mess these up! And yes, I checked this against all the other sugar cookie recipes on this site -- it's different. And delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- 2Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- 3In a second bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4Sift flour mixture into butter mixture 1 cup at a time and blend well.
- 5Roll dough into ball and chill 3-4 hours or overnight.
- 6When ready to prepare cookies, preheat oven to 350°.
- 7Roll out dough and cut into shapes.
- 8Brush with milk and sprinkle with colored sugar or candies if desired (or frost cookie once baked and cooled).
- 9Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes.
- 10Remove cookies to a rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Cookies - No Break, Fail-Safe and Foolproof
Serving Size: 1 (921 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1308.7
- Calories from Fat 591
- Total Fat 65.7 g
- Saturated Fat 40.1 g
- Cholesterol 286.6 mg
- Sodium 1076.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 163.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 67.2 g
- Protein 17.7 g