Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My cousins and I love this family homestead recipe. I finally have this recipe and it is too good not to share. These cookies are great on their own without icing! But, if you have a sweet tooth, or small children, then these are even sweeter iced and decorated.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- - preheat oven to 375' F.
- - cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- - add yolks and vanilla
- - in a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- - add flour mix to creamed mixture, do not overmix.
- - if the dough is too warm, then wrap in plastic and place in fridge for one hour.
- - roll out 1/4" and cut into shapes.
- - transfer cut cookies to cookie sheet (I use parchment paper).
- - bake for 10 - 12 minutes, watch as they brown quickly.
- - remove from oven, and immediately transfer to a wire rack with a spatula.
- - once cool, decorate as desired.