1/1 Photo of Sugar Cookies for Charishma
Miss Erin's Note:
These are basic cut-out cookies posted in responce to a request. Convection oven temp is included as well as conventional. I did not include the 3 hour chill time in the cook/prep times below, you may not need it if the dough isn't sticky and rolls out easily. The cook time is 7 minutes per batch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and shortening together, add sugar, baking powder and a dash of salt.
- 2Beat until combined, scraping bowl.
- 3Add egg and vanilla.
- 4Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- 5Stir in remaining flour.
- 6Cover and chill for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- 7On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time to 1/8" thick.
- 8Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
- 9Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 10in a conventional oven bake at 375F 7-8 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are slightly browned.
- 11Cool on a wire rack, or on waxed paper on the countertop.
- 12Frost with icing when cooled.
- 13For a convection oven, I have seen that you would bake them on 325F for 7-8 minutes.
- 14If you take them out and let them sit on the pan for a minute, they will continue to cook.
- 15I usually take mine out a bit early, when they look like they aren't quite done yet.
- 16This lets them stay soft and chewy.
- 17Another tip is to drop the pan flat onto the counter after removing from the oven, this helps to spread them out so they aren't so puffed up.
- 18For the icing, just mix the 3 ingredients together until it is a good spreading consistency, adding extra milk 1 teaspoon at a time.
- 19Add a drop of food coloring.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Cookies for Charishma
Serving Size: 1 (2739 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.9
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 27.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g