Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe from a friend of mine years ago who was a cake baker. I love this recipe because there is no chill time for the dough and they are flaky, light, melt-in-your-mouth goodness! You can easily double or triple this recipe. I use a buttercream frosting for icing.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, I use Mexican vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Mix in order given.
- Do Not Chill Dough!
- Roll out on lightly floured surface.
- Place on greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
- Completely cool before icing.
Great recipe! Dough was super easy to work with -- which I found to be amazing. I used butternut vanilla extract, and they were simply delicious. Really recommend this recipe if you want to make cut-out cookies with your children! It was fun, easy, and most importantly, yummy!