Recipe by Trisha W
This recipe was given to me by a lady from Texas about 25 yrs. ago. It is the best sugar cookie recipe I have ever tasted, and the response to it from others who have eaten it has been similar to my experience. I have never tried to ice it or make shapes from it. It's just good on its own. This is a double recipe - because that is how it was given to me.
Top Review by olivia747m
I tried making these and must have done something wrong. The first tray I made had too much oil and kind of tasted like funnel cake.(it tasted great though so I ate them all, haha.) The second tray had too much butter. I added some flour and it still didn't taste right!
- 2 cups butter (not margarine)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add oil, eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add dry ingredients gradually.
- Measure out by level spoonfuls.
- Roll into balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped into sugar.
- Bake at 375 until just set and edges are slightly browned (about 10 minutes.).