Recipe by Tracy K
Delicious sugar cookies, especially if you use the vanilla and almond extracts together. Perfect for roll-and-cut Christmas cookies. Can also be formed into logs for slice-and-bake cookies. Thanks to PetitFour for the original recipe! Prep time includes chilling time.
Top Review by cookin' from scratch
Great cookies for frosting! They aren't very sweet, so the frosting doesn't kill you with sugar. I had trouble with them because I rolled them out too thin (about 1/4 inch) , and they came out dry and crunchy. Once I realized the problem and rolled them a little thicker, they were great.
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (or half vanilla and half almond extract)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Using stand mixer or hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl each time, then vanilla and/or almond extract.
- Add flour mixture gradually and mix at low speed until comes together.
- Turn out onto flat surface.
- Knead a couple of times just until smooth.
- Pat into a flat disk, wrap in plastic and chill until firm enough to roll, about one hour.
- Roll and cut as desired.
- Bake at 350 about 8-10 minutes on parchment-lined sheets.