Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe was shared by someone (sorry, don't remember who!) at the Foundation.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Cream first four ingredients.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Roll in ball size of walnut, dip in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Do not overbake!
Though these are good, and soft, my problem will to save some for the kids when they get home from school. Made recipe as posted though I left out the tartar. Made fo Alphabet Tag.