My great-grandmother made the BEST sugar cookies. They are soft and delicious and easy to make! I remember helping my grandmother roll out the balls of dough and flatten them on the pan, and now my son helps me do the same thing! Perfect family activity!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften lard and butter, and stir in sugar and eggs.
- 2Then add salt, vanilla, cream of tartar, baking soda, and flour. Mix well.
- 3Roll dough into balls (about the size of ping pong balls or a little smaller).
- 4Roll the balls in a bowl of sugar.
- 5Place the balls on a greased cookie sheet.
- 6Grease the bottom of a glass and push it into the sugar. Use the glass to push each ball flat so it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- 7Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or just until the outside edges start to brown.
- 8Cool them on parchment paper.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (967 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 71.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g