Recipe by mewack
A great recipe for decorating holiday cookies. The recipe has been in our family for generations and is definitely a favorite!
Top Review by Lilmamma001
im quite picky, and i LOVED this recipe.<br/>tastes great! thank you!<br/><br/><br/>i live in a hot humid climate so the dough was sticky, i added mabye a 1/4 more flour and it was then perfect. but i did also use that hint of using parchment paper, wonderful.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Add milk and vanilla. Mix.
- Slowly add dry ingredients using mixer on lowest speed.
- Chill the dough for a few hours, then roll on pastry cloth and cut into shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- Once cookies are cool, make frosting and decorate.