Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
A great recipe for decorating holiday cookies. The recipe has been in our family for generations and is definitely a favorite!
- Sift dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Add milk and vanilla. Mix.
- Slowly add dry ingredients using mixer on lowest speed.
- Chill the dough for a few hours, then roll on pastry cloth and cut into shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- Once cookies are cool, make frosting and decorate.
im quite picky, and i LOVED this recipe.<br/>tastes great! thank you!<br/><br/><br/>i live in a hot humid climate so the dough was sticky, i added mabye a 1/4 more flour and it was then perfect. but i did also use that hint of using parchment paper, wonderful.
Wow, these sure taste good mewack. That said, I did have trouble with the dough. I couldn't roll it out...so I baked the cookies in my heart shaped cookie molds. They worked great. Resulting in big beautiful, puffy cookies. Crisp on the outside and tender and light on the inside. I glazed the cookies with a simple milk and icing glaze. Thank you for sharing your treat. They were a big hit with the kids at the baby shower I attended. Made for Fall/Pac/09 :)