Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was on the back of a "Jiffy" box and thought I would try it. They turned out really good. I also added about 1/4 tsp lemon extract and it gave it a slight lemon taste and they were great! I would also suggest to definitely roll the dough into sugar before baking. It adds just a little bit extra sweetness to the cookies. When we made these, I made them a little smaller and I came up with 42 cookies.
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick or Jiffy)
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, for rolling
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients stirring well.
- With floured hands, roll the dough into individual balls. Roll them into the sugar and place onto a cooking sheet. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes and slightly browned.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!