Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
I have an easy and yummy sugar cookie receipe Sugar Cookies
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Cream butter, oil and sugars.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla Mix well add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Chill dough.
- Roll out with granulated sugar Cut into desired shapes and bake on shiny cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Marian Allen
Great recipe. I took the advice of others and left out the oil and used 1 stick of butter. I substituted 2 tsp of baking powder for the baking soda and cream of tartar. This was definitely a hit. Will be using this recipe again. Thanks.
Way too much oil. In fact, I made this again, omitting the oil and using 1 cup butter- the cookies came out perfectly. Very little rise and cut-outs kept their shape. The taste was perfect in the second batch as well. Sorry...hard to rate this. I just can't help to think that the additional oil on top of the butter was a type-o.
Very good cookies! We just chilled for a little bit and did drop cookies. Frosted w/icing and sprinkles then gobbled them up! Thanks for such a good recipe!