Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A family favorite !
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix butter, shortening, margarine ( all at room temperature) and sugar by hand.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- Stir flour, salt and baking powder together. Blend in the mixture above.
- Place the dough in a plastic bag and chill for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Roll dough 1/4" thick on lightly floured surface. Cut with cutters of your choice.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before frosting.