Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are delicious sugar cookies that we usually make around Christmas time. They are nice for the children to cut out and decorate
- 1 1⁄3 cups shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream shortening and sugar, then add eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Mix dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Blend together and chill for 30 minutes.
- To cut out shapes roll out 1/4 inch slices.
- Bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes.
- You may freeze.
Wonderful cookies! They are tender and flavorul yet easy to roll and cut out and not breakable. If you want a sugar cookie that will turn out great, use this one!