Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a recipe in a book my grandma gave me.
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- fresh ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift the flour with baking powder, soda, and salt, and set aside.
- Cream butter until soft. add sugar vanilla, and sour cream, and cinnamon and nutmeg to smell.
- Stir in flour mixture
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into shapes and bake on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Light brown in the middle and slightly darker on the edges makes for a tender, soft cookie.