Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A good basic sugar cookie recipe you can mix in one bowl.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extracts and egg.
- Mix in flour and baking soda.
- Shap into teaspoon-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar (use colored sugar for a fun effect).
- Bake for about 10 minutes and move to a cooling rack immediately.