Recipe by Lavender Lynn
I got a wonderful cookie cookbook when we got married. It is a Betty Crocker Cookie Book. My DH and I have been making this for years for all of our friends and workplaces and church. This is loved by all. We always frost these with buttercream frosting.
Top Review by mosma
I'm not so sure about this recipe. It was definitely easy to make, but the dough for me was very crumbly and hard to work with, and the taste of the cookies was just ok, not too great. I don't think I'll make these again. I'm not much of a baker, so maybe it's just me...
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix powdered sugar, margarine, egg, vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Divide dough into halves.
- Roll each half 3/16" thickon lightly floured cloth-covered board.
- Cut into desired shapes with 2 to 2 1/2inch cookie cutters.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for 7-8 minutes until edges are just lt brown.