Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This is the kind of sugar cookie to use if you want to decorate them with icing. It is a rolled cookie that is soft inside but not chewy. I think the recipe came from Taste Of Home in one of their Christmas cookie cookbooklets. These taste best when iced or frosted! The dough should be refrigerated for at least an hour to make rolling out it a lot easier.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients; blend well. Add remaining dry ingredients; mix well.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/3" thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutters that are all about the same size. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 5-9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove cookies from sheet as soon as they are cool enough to handle. Cool completely on a wire racks.