Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is my mothers recipe. I really don't like cookies, but I LOVE these. Every year for christmas we always made these. My Mom would cook up a huge bunch of them, and we would all sit around the table icing them. Mom would get out her cake decorating materials, and we would have fun decorating them. Then we put them on plates and delivered them to our neighbors. The best thing about these is that they acutally taste better after a few days when the icing has a chance to penetrate the cookie.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups shortening
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 pint cream
- powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) store-bought cream cheese frosting
- Beat together the sugar and the shortening.
- Add eggs, and beat until combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Combine flour salt and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add flour to mixture until it is at a consistency where it can be rolled out. Add more flour if needed. Roll and cut dough with cookie cutters.
- Bake cookies in a 375º oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Beat together the shortening, cream, and vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar until it is the right consistency.
- Add the store-bought icing, mix thoroughly.