Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
Great melt in your mouth sugar cookies, requires no decorating.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Add flour, sifted with cream of tartar and soda.
- Add vanilla.
- Roll in small balls; place on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of drinking glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from pan when they come out of the oven or they may stick.