Recipe by janice brady
I make these for Channukah mostly, but can be made for any Holiday with any type of Decorations put on them..
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (white or brown)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (at room temperature until it's soft.)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- When butter is at room temperature, cream it with sugar, do this with an electric mixer.
- Beat in all the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover bowl and put in the refrigator for 3 to 4 hours.(If you miss this step, it will be quite a mess to roll and cut the cookies).
- Roll out dough with rolling pin until it's about as thin as a nickel.Put a little flour on the rolling pin and on the surface your rolling it on, but just a little.
- Cut into shape using a small paring knife or use a cookie cutter.
- Put cookies onto a greased cookie sheet and put in a preheated (375') oven for 7-12 minutes depending on your oven, check them after 7 minutes.