Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
These are the best sugar cookies I have ever had. Quantity is a guesstimate - it depends on the size of your cookie cutter. Be careful not to overbake.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Stir in well-beaten egg, then milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Chill, covered in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour.
- Roll dough out to 1/8" thick on a floured board.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutter.
- Bake on a lightly greased baking sheet at 375F for 7-9 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.
- Decorate, if desired.
My favorite sugar cookie recipe!! I made a double batch and they were gone in one day! However, I had to be very careful to not overbake. I baked for about 6-7 minutes and they came out perfection!!
Terrible. The dough was way too sticky to do anything with. It was more like a drop cookie dough. Even flouring the board to within an inch of it's life did not help. Add some chocolate chips and it would be fine, but for decorating, this is worthless.
These are some of the best sugar cookies I have ever eaten. I made one batch with cooie cutters and the other I guesstimated a size for a circle cookie. I covered them in vanilla frosting and christmas sprinkles. Great cookies.